Donna Remenda, manager of St. Peter’s Abbey kitchen, serves cake at a social in honour of her 10th anniversary as kitchen manager.
Some Benedictines and friends gathered, September 15, for the special occasion.
Br. Luis Cruz, left, Br. Benedict Van Ginkel and Br. Denys Janiga, OSB visited the former train station in Rosthern where the first settlers arrived in 1903 to St. Peter’s Colony.
The first settlers arrived in 1903 by rail to Rosthern and traveled by foot or horse to their new homesteads some 100 kilometres away.
The train station is now an arts centre.